Go figure, the weather has been hot but plants are starting to pick up. My peppers have new leaves and my tomatoes are getting green. So I stuck a few seeds in the ground and we will see what happens. I put in some tomato seeds from a tomato I had and I put in a bean seed - don't remember off hand what kind of bean. But its still hot, and we still have a growing season to deal with. I also put some more herb seeds in pots. We'll see how those do too.

We also broke down and put up bird netting around some pots of mine. I figure if they start to flourish, or at least grow then I probably had a problem with them being eaten, but they are otherwise okay. Now for the eating part. If something actually manages to lift the frame and get underneath to the plants, its not a deer. I'm hoping its just deer, then the netting would keep it out. But we'll wait and see if that's all it is or not. I don't know. I'm pretty sure we have a raccoon, but I'm not sure if that's what is eating my plants. If the plants start to thrive or grow, then its probably just deer doing the eating. The frame is just pvc pipes and sprinkler risers. Its about 3 ft tall (risers) by 5 wide and 5 deep (cut pvc). 

Speaking of deer some of the males around here are starting to sport small antlers. I guess rut season is on its way.

Early next week they start breaking ground on the new garage. Bill decided we don't have enough garage space - duh!!! So we are building a new 3 car garage, but its going to be used for storage. Which will be good considering our current garage is nothing but storage. And Bill has promised I'll have a place to park my car come the Oct/Nov trip. They figure it will take about a month to build the garage. I sure hope so. We need it. Basically it will be 2 car garage for storage and 1 car bay for Bill's extra "tools" and stuff. Maybe once its build we'll be able to finally get the rest of the stuff out of the San Antonio house and put it up for sale. We can hope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The beginning

Nov. 14

San Antonio Nov. 2006