Glad to have nice weather back.  Last week was cold, both day and night.  One day we never got above 36 degrees.  Today its almost 1:30pm and we are already at 64 degrees.  Much nicer weather.

I think we may have lost a few plants from last week's cold, but we will have to wait and see on that.  Some of the plants in front look just brown, like they may have frozen.  But I don't know if they have died.  Some of the bulbs I planted are trying to grow.  They would do better if the deer would leave them alone.  But the deer outside are not looking good and are looking for whatever they can eat.  Hopefully they will leave my bulbs alone long enough for the bulbs to grow.  We can hope, and wait and see.

The plants in the green house are doing fine.  I did move some of the house plants that were outside into the green house.  Most of those house plants look like they will survive, though they do show some signs of damage.  One in particular, a spider plant, does not look good.  I'm not sure if it will survive.

But I repotted one lemon tree and it is doing much better.  The repotted lemon tree was the older of the two trees.  The younger tree is putting out blossoms.  Since it is in a green house, and I haven't seen any bees in there to pollinate, I will have to take a paint brush and go pollinate my lemon tree.  We'll see how that works.  I hope it works well.

I received my 3 x 3 foot planter.  I haven't put it together yet.  Bill and I have been discussing what to do for a fence in the back yard.  If the weather stays this nice, I may want to put up the planter sometime soon.  But right now we are on a wait and see.  And of course if the weather stays this nice, I will need to start planting seeds soon.

But we are starting to get some more work done on the front yard.  Today Aby's workers are working.  They are grading the front area, near the street and will lay down rock.  This should help with weeds and drainage, at least we hope it will.

UPDATE:  I went into the green house with a paint brush to pollinate the lemon tree.  There were bees on the flowers.  I guess with this nice weather the bees made it into the green house and found the lemon trees.  I just hope the bees know how to get out of the green house before the top louvers close tonight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The beginning

Nov. 14

San Antonio Nov. 2006