Summer is starting

This week we are due for highs in the 90's. I guess summer is upon us. Though we haven't had rain the past few days, they keep saying "spots" of thunderstorms. It was clear earlier, but now we have clouds, so who knows.

I think we've picked the last of the blueberries, but the blackberries are still producing as are the strawberries. Today there was a cantaloupe with a small hole from maybe a squirrel. We took it inside, cut it open, and had some. It was actually fairly good. And we've been picking apples here and there. Those are definitely good. Today for dinner we are having that cut cantaloupe, the last of the blueberries, some strawberries, some blackberries, and apple from the yard in a fruit salad. It looks good, I'm happy to say. I'm cooking a squash from the yard for a veggies, and I have some of those potatoes from the yard cooking with the chicken. Sounds good to me.

This is why we have a garden. Fresh fruit and veggies, no pesticides, we know what's in them, and I can't pick them any fresher. Its good stuff.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The beginning

Nov. 14

San Antonio Nov. 2006